Maxi Construction - Trainee Quantity Surveyor
10 January 2019
Note: This job is not located with in the City of
Edinburgh Local Authority Area.
Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Based Livingston with part-time attendance at University
An office-based Trainee Quantity Surveyor to assist in the
commercial management of a number of construction projects from
Award of Contract to agreement of Final Account.
The suitable Candidate must be on course and achieve
qualifications required for entry to a University part-time Degree
or Honours Degree course in Quantity Surveying; these are currently
offered at GCU and Napier
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with commercial management of contracts ranging in value
from £50k to over £3m.
- Attend site to measure work completed.
- Assist with procurement, analysis and appointment of
subcontract packages; payment and agreement of final accounts
- Assist with preparation and presentation of monthly cost
- Where required work closely with Administration, Contracts
Management and Estimating to gain additional experience
- Qualifications required for acceptance to University to study
for a part-time Degree or Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying
- IT literate
- Excellent communication and analytical skills are
This role would be ideally suited to a sixth year pupil, looking
to study Quantity Surveying at University and seeking work
experience during this period. You have the opportunity to
work with a close-knit team with a real family feel to the
In the first instance please submit your CV.
This application will close when a suitable candidate is
This job role is advertised on www.maxiconstruction.co.uk/careers